On October 3, participants from seven different food manufacturing companies gathered at Thatcher Woods Pavilion in River Forest to learn how to take sustainability to the next level at a workshop sponsored by ISTC’s Technical Assistance Program, the Forest Preserves of Cook County, ComEd, Peoples Gas, and North Shore Gas.
Speakers updated the attendees on:
- ways to reduce a facility’s environmental footprint and save money with pollution prevention and energy efficiency
- improving water conservation by ensuring proper water chemistry in water and wastewater treatment systems
- using aqueous ozone, a safer, more effective alternative to chemical sanitizers
- LEAN for food and beverage manufacturing
- utility energy efficiency programs
- renewable energy opportunities
- developing a supply-chain sustainability program
Two companies requested a free technical assistance visit during the workshop. If you work for a food or beverage manufacturer and want to improve your operating performance, decrease your costs, and use fewer toxic chemicals, schedule your free on-site assessment today.