On June 20, twenty-one people from seven different food manufacturing companies gathered in Champaign to learn how to take sustainability to the next level at a workshop sponsored by ISTC’s Technical Assistance Program, the Illinois Manufacturing Extension Center (IMEC), Ameren Illinois, and Energy Resources Group, Inc.
Speakers updated the attendees on:
- energy efficiency opportunities for food manufacturers
- ways to use renewables to make facilities net-zero enery
- improving water conservation by ensurinng proper water chemistry in water and wastewater treatment systems
- case studies highlighting waste reduction and diversion best practices
- safer sanitation methods through effective alternatives
- LEAN for food and beverage manufacturing
Two companies requested a free technical assistance visit during the workshop. If you work for a food or beverage manufacturer and want to improve your operating performance, decrease your costs, and use fewer toxic chemicals, schedule your free on-site assessment today.