On March 27, twenty-five people from thirteen Illinois companies met in Collinsville to learn how to take sustainability to the next level at a workshop sponsored by ISTC’s Technical Assistance Program, the Illinois Manufacturing Extension Center (IMEC), Ameren Illinois, and Energy Resources Group, Inc.
Speakers updated the attendees on:
- energy efficiency opportunities for food manufacturers
- ways to use renewables to make facilities net-zero enery
- improving water conservation by ensurinng proper water chemistry in water and wastewater treatment systems
- case studies highlighting waste reduction and diversion best practices
- safer sanitation methods through effective alternatives
- LEAN for food and beverage manufacturing
All attendees were offered the opportunity for a free on-site assessment.
Another workshop is planned for the Champaign-Urbana area later this year.